Freddie Mac, a leading mortgage finance company, is partnering with the Autistic Self Advocacy Network to fill three paid internship opportunities. The ASAN-Freddie Mac Internship Program is an opportunity for recent graduates and current students on the autism spectrum to gain work experience and enter the workforce of a leading American company committed to neurological diversity. These internships are full time positions that will last 16 weeks. Successful candidates will need to relocate to the DC metro area and work from Freddie Mac’s headquarters in McLean, Virginia for the duration of the internship opportunity. Internships are paid.
Applications will be screened by ASAN and Freddie Mac staff and not all who apply will receive an interview. If you are interested, we strongly encourage you to send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Many of our past interns have had their employment extended on a long term basis. We hope you’ll consider this opportunity and look forward to reviewing your application!
ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) Modeling and Methods Intern:
Candidate will be expected to work with model risk management staff to evaluate and manage risks associated with the company’s models, including models of counterparty risk, security valuation, and economic capital, among others. This includes the assessment of model risks by performing detailed model validation reviews, researching model approaches, creating alternative models and other means. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on projects such as researching interest rate model calibration, writing model emulators in SAS or MatLab, and performing statistical analysis.
The candidate should have strong quantitative skills with an interest in applying them to financial or economic problems. The candidate should also have strong programming skills in one or more of Excel, VBA, MatLab, C++ or SAS.
Trading Analyst Intern:
Division/Department: ALM, Investments& Capital Management
Major: Finance or Economics
Internship will lead to permanent positions: No
Job Description: The analyst will help Portfolio Managers and Traders perform analytics to help with Trades
- Proficiency in Excel including VBA
- Quantitative skills
- Desire to learn about Fixed Income
- Run applications
- Export data in excel
- Create charts
- Maintain historical data
Skills the Intern will acquire:
- Learn about Bonds
- Learn about Fixed Income Derivatives
- Learn to use applications such as ANSER, Workbench etc.
Securities Analysis Intern:
Division/Department: Single Family/Securitization
Major: Computer Science, Finance, Math or similar background
Internship will lead to permanent positions: Currently we do NOT have any FTE opening
Job Description: This internship involves strong analytical work related to Freddie Mac’s mortgage-backed securities. The internship starts with an intensive learning environment in which the intern learns about Freddie Mac’s securities and the work that Securitization does to monitor security performance. The intern will be expected to actively participate in our group’s training and execute/enhance a variety of analytical reports which will be used by management up to the executive level.
- Analyze mortgage-backed security issuance to understand trends and security characteristics
- Examine mortgage-backed security prepayment speeds, determine any anomalies in speeds and research possible causes
- Assist with special projects including help creating MBS investor Relations Sharepoint Site and updating Internal Training Presentations about Securitization business
- Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- SAS (or other programming language)
- SQL (or other data querying tools)
- MS Access
- Data Reporting tools (e.g. Data Warehouse)
- Analyze trends by the querying database, drawing charts, preparing presentation (60%)
- Running standard reports (25%)
- Intern Group activities with interns from other departments (5%)
- Group meeting, discussion (5%)
- Input trading tickets with Wall Street Dealer (less than 5%)
Skills the Intern will acquire:
- Knowledge of US Mortgage Market, Freddie Mac’s business, Securitization
- SQL, Excel, Microsoft Access, Powerpoint, SAS, Bloomberg