Freddie Mac, a leading mortgage finance company, is partnering with the Autistic Self Advocacy Network to fill a paid Data Analyst intern position for autistic college graduates and/or seniors graduating in December 2015 who are willing to relocate to McLean, VA.
Requirements for Applicants:
–Must identify as being on the Autism Spectrum.
–Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Information Systems by December 2015
–Willingness to work from Freddie Mac’s headquarters in McLean, Virginia for 16 weeks
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm EST, November 17, 2015. Cover letters are not required.
Manager Name: Marvin Boyd
Intern Job Title: Data Analyst
Major: Business, Engineering, or Information Systems
The intern will be working in both the Corporate Data warehouse (CDW) development team and the Data Modeling team.
- The CDW’S development team builds and maintains a centralized corporate data platform which extracts data from disparate data sources residing within Freddie Mac’s transaction processing and end-user systems. This data is used for decision support, management reporting, ad-hoc and trend analysis, modeling and data mining purposes.
- The Data Modeling team defines and analyzes data requirements across all of Freddie Mac’s IT application projects. The team takes these requirements and builds models that are standard, consistent, and predictable. These models ultimately become the databases used for applications.
The intern will perform a variety of tasks including data analysis, writing documentation, and project coordination.
Job Functions (What will the employee do over the next 16 weeks; create, capture, verify, submit, design, analyze, develop, etc. Is the work baseline, project or a mixture)
- Verify that that the data models in production are consistent with the data models in the ER Studio tool. This will include creating a schedule to complete this work and preparing the environment.
- Analyze and suggest database storage availability for non-production environments for the Corporate Data Warehouse.
- Review existing SharePoint sites and design a new SharePoint site for both teams.
- Develop and keep project schedules and issue/risk logs up to date in Planview or MS Project.
Basic Requirements (required skills ex. MS Access, Java, SQL
- MS Office Suite
- Strong writing skills
Preferred Skills (skills that would be beneficial but not required to do the job)
- ER Studio
Typical Day (what does a day look like for the intern, e.g. meetings, taking notes, phone calls, desk work, etc.?)
- Meetings (30%)
- Desk Work (70%)
Skills the Intern will acquire: