UPDATE: Call-ins are cancelled on the 9th and 16th and will resume on the 23rd.
Coping with a global pandemic is hard enough without losing access to the services that keep us independent and in the community. Some of our community members are facing dangerous losses to their home- and community-based services. These are vital programs that support people with disabilities to participate in society, and keep us out of institutions — where COVID-19 outbreaks are surging. That’s why every Tuesday, starting June 2nd, we’ll be hosting a COVID-19 Call-In to tell the Senate we need a coronavirus relief package that includes emergency funding for home- and community-based services. Sign up at our Facebook page here, and get ready to call your Senators!
This is a matter of life and death for our community: Congress must provide emergency funding for home- and community-based services NOW. The House of Representatives has already put HCBS funding into their coronavirus relief package, but the Senate has indicated that they may not do the same. Despite the urgent need, they may not pass a bill at all. We need to remind them to do their jobs and save our community members’ lives.
Find your two Senators using this link. You can use our script to call your Senators:
Have call anxiety, or wondering what to expect from a call to your elected officials? Check out this guide to making a call to your members of Congress. Unable to speak on a phone call due to a disability? Check out our Proxy Calling System here. Want to help someone else make a call? Consider signing up to be a proxy caller.
After you’ve called in, let us know how it went on our Facebook event.
Community integration, and access to the services we depend on, are our civil rights. Let’s tell our Senators that when it comes to keeping us all safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we refuse to leave anyone behind.
- Action Alert: Tell your Senators to support emergency funding for HCBS!
- ACTION ALERT—Congress: Include People with Disabilities in COVID-19 Relief!
- ? Join the National Call-In Day for Permanent MFP Reauthorization! ?
- ACTION ALERT: National Call-In Day for #ABLEAgeNow
- How are YOU taking action this TCEA Tuesday? ✊
- This August recess, let your members of Congress know it’s time to #WorkWithUs
- #WorkWithUs for Integrated Employment
- ACTION ALERT: We have until June 21st to speak up for equal pay
- Disabled immigrants are under attack
- URGENT: Time is running out to #StopKavanaugh