Learn More About Voting
ASAN’s Easy Read toolkit They Work For Us: A Self-Advocate’s Guide to Getting Through to your Elected Officials is available here.
The toolkit has a chapter called “All About Voting.” You can download just the “All About Voting” chapter by clicking here. (PDF)
ASAN has another Easy Read toolkit just about voting called Your Vote Counts: A Self-Advocate’s Guide to Voting in the U.S. It focuses on the process of voting, and understanding how to prepare to vote on election day. You can download it here.
ASAN also worked with the Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law to create a plain-language guide to voting rights for people with mental disabilities, including people under guardianship. You can read the guide here.
Learn About Your Ballot
Other Voting Resources
- Ways Individuals Can Participate in National Disability Voter Registration Week
- Ways Organizations Can Participate in National Disability Voter Registration Week
- REVUP Election Accessibility Toolkit
- TurboVote: Get Notifications About Local and National Elections
- 10 Tips for Voters With Disabilities
- SignVote: Voting Resources in ASL
- SABE GoVoter Project